Monday 22 April 2013

Holiday Bathroom Cleaning {Cleaning + Organisation}

Asalamalaikum Sisters :D

Are muslim mums (and muslim dads) ever free from cleaning? Nope. At least not for the bathroom. Not even on holidays.

Whenever I go down to Sydney alhamdulilah hubby helps me clean our holiday room completely before we leave. I am in charge of the bathroom. Once I get there I try not to leave the daily routine habits on my checklist. It is easy to get off track and become lazy with all the help from mum and the sisters but I have to push on.

There's only one problem at mum's house. The toilet and bathroom ensuite is white. I don't know why I chose white tiles, truly a regretful choice. This means extra work as the floor has to be picture perfect everyday. Even a single hair on the white floor makes it look very unpleasant. Add to that three toddling holiday feet and hubby trimming a holiday beard? Oh my. Subhnallah.

After the daily bathroom sink wipe is carried out first thing in the morning, I try to take care of the floor right away.

I spray the spray’n’wipe on the floor and get a broom to spread the spray all over. As I sweep I gather all the toothpaste that my babies drop, random bits of tissue paper (my babies love tearing this sometimes in little bits, sometimes I find an entire roll unravelled on the floor) , paper, cardboard, plastic...whatever my kids happen to bring in from the day before and gather it all at the drain. All this gets picked up with a thick wad of tissue paper and thrown in the bin. Next I pour very hot tap water all over the floor and sweep it into the drain.

There! quick and easy regular cleaning of a white floor taken care of! Alhamdulilah :)


Image Source: www.homeklondike.com


Umm Musk :)

No comments:

Post a Comment