Monday 11 August 2014

5 reasons - Why I wear Niqab









Asalam alaikum sisters :D


I love niqab :) I love to discuss it with sisters who are curious about it. I believe it is a beautiful solution to so many issues the secular modern world suffers from. Here are 5 very simple reasons as to why I wear niqab. 

Please note that these are worldly reasons for my wearing niqab. I do not like to go into the fiqh explanation because once the rulings become clear to a sister (and yes the rulings surprisingly are very clear from Quran and Sunnah) then it may put the sister into stress and trouble. Inshallah if you are really interested in wearing niqab I would suggest you discuss the matter with a qualified and trustworthy sheikh - one is who is not afraid of the feminist backlash would be your best bet lol :) 

1.  I  enjoy expressing my love and obedience for Allah azza wa jal and for the Prophet peace be upon him. I love the way the niqab is the modern solution to the advice of Allah to the sahaba and sahabiyat in Surah Ahzab. Verse 33:53 (translation)

2. I dislike being "checked out" by "guys" - it happens unfortunately - even after marriage. Alhamdulilah for my niqab :) 

3. I dislike to upset my friends/sisters/wives of sheikhs during islamic discussions I have with their husbands. My niqab assures them that their marriage is not threatened in any way. It is comforting knowing they can feel at ease. It makes the conversation comfortable for everyone knowing there is no issue of lustful feelings in the way. From a sociological perspective, the niqab is brilliant in facilitating smooth relations between men and women so that we have a safe, clean, healthy environment in which to discuss pressing issues about Islam. If every masjid adopted this practice - even if just during discussion time or during lessons, as an ummah we really could progress extensively inshallah. 

4. Fabric and bodies have always been used together in art to convey expression and feelings. I use my face and my veil to deliver the message of Islam as well as projecting the emotions I feel about my modesty. My niqab is creative, symbolic expression of who I am.

5. The niqab reminds me that I am a muslim woman. Which then reminds me of my duties as a slave of God and servant of humanity. Every time I look in the mirror and see my religious outfit, it inspires me to do good deeds. 


Inshallah I will write these points up one in more detail in future. Talking about niqab is not quite high priority at the moment. I guess it is one of those things where either Allah guides you to it or he doesn't give you guidance of it. And only he knows whether the knowledge of the rulings of niqab are good for your personal situation. 


Umm Musk :)

No comments:

Post a Comment